Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thursday's Thirteen Fourth Edition

If you noticed I have not posted in over a week because we have been in Ohio for my Husband’s Granny’s Funeral, so it has put my grandmothers on my mind lately missing both of them. So My Thirteen this week are things I wish I would have told my Grandmothers before they died.
1. Thank you for raising my parents the way that you did because I would not be the person I am today without them.
2. Thank you for making lefsa.
3. Thank you for traveling on the bus for six plus hours to visit us.
4. Thank you for making Christmas so special Oyster stew and all.
5. Thank you for the hugs, that made me feel so loved.
6. Thank you for worrying about my mom and us and saving us your extra food.
7. Thank you for correcting my English so that I know now how to sound intelligent.
8. Thank you for having high expectations for me.
9. I am sorry that I did not keep my room cleaner when I lived with you.
10. I am sorry that I did not show you more respect.
11. I am sorry that I did not handle moving to Washington differently.
12. I am sorry that I did not visit Wyoming and Philadelphia more.
13. I love you.
I had some very incredible grandmothers, whom all I miss. My grandma Farrar made the holidays special she always wanted me to do my best correcting me when I said something wrong. My grandma Karl would visit us she would cook and clean.
Photo Nature photo winner.
Please visit more Thursday's Thirteen!

9 comments:

Open Grove Claudia said...

This is a lovely tribute to your grandmothers - good for you for knowing the gifts they were in your life.

Geriatric Nursing said...

Those are wonderful things to remember about your grandmas. I know they both were very proud of you and loved you very much. They would not want you to feel sorry for things you did or did not do. They realized you were young and were struggling like all young people do trying to find your own way. Grandma Farrar and Grandma Karl know you loved them both very much.

Yasmin said...

What a great tribute to your grandmother and I'm sending a little love your way to let you know that you're in my prayers.
xoxo
Fellow TT Participant

Danielle said...

A truly beautiful Thursday Thirteen.

Happy TT!

Wishing you and yours health, balance and joy.

Danielle
Modern Musings' Thursday Thirteen 02

SandyCarlson said...

No. 3 stole my heart. I think it's important to talk to our ancestors. Beautiful post. Thank you.

pussreboots said...

Awww. I am missing my grandmas too. Happy TT.

Jennie said...

What a lovely TT. Your grandmothers sound like wonderful people :).

L said...

What a beautiful tribute!

Meju said...

Wonderful tribute...My grandmothers have been gone a long time... They are such special people in our lives.